The teeth are a wonder. Despite their size and appearance, they can apply and withstand pressure to cut or grind foods easily. Although it is not advised to use the teeth as tools, they can break ice cubes and open bottles or plastic packets.
Without these little chompers, people would not be able to get the vitamins and nutrients they need to keep on going every day. Pronouncing certain words would also be hard without teeth and lisping is more likely to happen. Imagine having no teeth at all. Facing someone during an interview or date could be nerve-racking. Due to all these reasons, anyone would agree that the teeth deserve thanks and love. Want to know how? Continue reading!
Caring for the Teeth
- Make sure to brush twice daily for at least two minutes.
- Apply gentle yet precise brushing motions to clean the teeth and the area along the gumline.
- Do not forget to floss at least once every day.
- Replace the toothbrush every three months or as soon as it shows signs of fraying.
- Keep the teeth white by avoiding the consumption of intense-colored substances.
- Acidic foods and beverages can weaken the enamel, making it susceptible to wear. Make sure to give the teeth 30 minutes after consumption then brush.
- Consider the use of oral products with fluoride content like mouthwash and toothpaste to give the teeth added protection.
- Practice routine dental visits for the dentist to perform thorough examinations and professional cleaning to maintain the excellent state of the teeth.
Aside from all these, why not treat your teeth with cosmetic dental treatments? Our practice at Salt Run Family Dentistry provides various services to improve the appearance and function of the pearly whites. Here are the options available that patients should consider.
- Correct misalignments and malocclusions with the help of Invisalign clear aligners.
- Get rid of stains and discolorations by limiting the teeth’s exposure to substances with intense colors. You can also opt for teeth whitening treatment.
- Conscious about the cracks, chips, stubborn discoloration, slight misalignment, or unevenness of the teeth? Consider getting porcelain veneers.
- Have you lost a tooth or two? Do not leave the gap unattended. Have it restored with dental bridges to prevent other problems from occurring!
- Tooth affected with cavities? Consider having it restored with composite fillings to save the tooth from further damage.
Aside from your teeth, why not consider improving the overall facial feature by considering dermal fillers?
Take care of your teeth. Remember that losing a permanent tooth would only be restored artificially using dental prostheses. It is always best to keep the teeth in top shape for nothing can compare to its overall function.
Your teeth deserve outstanding dental care services! Aside from Cleanings and Checkups, why not consider having Cosmetic Dentistry Services in St. Augustine, FL. Book your appointment with us at Salt Run Family Dentistry and let us help you achieve beautiful, healthy, and long lasting smiles!