It is not uncommon for patients to admit that their busy lifestyle is an obstacle to keeping their smile clean and healthy. However, just because your pursuit to climb the corporate ladder has left you tight on time, doesn’t mean your oral health has to suffer. In fact, if you ignore your smile needs, you may be faced with disruptive dental problems that cause you to miss work or deplete the earnings you’ve worked so hard to get.
At Salt Run Dentistry, we do our best to help busy professionals find time for their oral care. Try using the following tips for a healthier mouth, despite your busy work life:
- Brush in the shower.
- Keep a toothbrush in your desk drawer and a flosser (one-handed tool) in your car.
- Settle for a quick “dry brushing” between meals rather than not brushing altogether.
- Sip water often throughout the day.
- Chew sugar-free gum or gum with xylitol.
- Avoid sucking on hard candy while you work.
- Don’t skip your routine dental cleanings!
By integrating these time-saving smile care habits into your daily routine, you will not only find that your teeth are whiter and your breath fresher, but you will also be less susceptible to health issues within your body. Untreated gum disease can contribute to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other serious health conditions. At Salt Run Dentistry, we are happy to offer flexible scheduling opportunities for working adults. Call today!
Salt Run Family Dentistry
St. Augustine, FL 32080