Having a perfect appearance and smile is essential to every individual. As age increases, some changes in the face can’t be avoided such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging of skin. The changes are beyond the repairing capacity of skin-care products and require treatment to restore the volume of the face.
Dermal fillers are non-invasive treatments that are used to restore the youth of the face by increasing the volume of lips, cheeks, jawline, the hollow areas under the eyes. The procedure also reduces the appearance of acne scars or marks of chicken pox.
The procedure includes injecting a filler into areas that will be improved. It contains gels that are similar to the substance that can be naturally found under the skin. Dermal fillers are injected into the bottom half of the face and lead to plumping and smoothening of the face. The effects last for six months or longer depending on the filler used. Dermal filler treatments are offered at Salt Run Family Dentistry, committed to providing the best result possible.
Here are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Dermal Fillers:
Advantages of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal fillers are a lot cheaper than surgery, and this gives opportunities to patients to save between treatments.
- It’s less risky than surgery because the procedure does not require invasive techniques.
- Side effects are not severe and can heal during the process of treatment.
- The procedure is fast and will not consume too much personal time.
- Dermal fillers are painless for the whole duration of the treatment.
- The process of recovery requires less time where you can immediately notice visible results.
- It continues to make results even after the treatment.
- The results are subtle and can transform patients with better versions of themselves.
Disadvantages of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal Fillers require a lifelong commitment to multiple treatments.
- The procedure requires injections which are uncomfortable for some patients.
- The cost per treatment is quite costly.
- It is only applicable to specific parts of the face.
For more information about Dermal Fillers in St. Augustine, be sure to contact Salt Run Family Dentistry today. Our team looks forward for the opportunity of meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible results. Visit us at 700 Anastasia Blvd, St. Augustine FL 32080 or call (904) 824-3540.